'StraÃYe' ('Strasse') and Python 2

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Thu Jan 16 07:06:35 EST 2014

"Robin Becker" <robin at reportlab.com> wrote in message
news:52D7B9BE.9020001 at chamonix.reportlab.co.uk...
>> No, I think he is saying that he doesn't know Unicode anywhere near as
>> well as he thinks he does. The question is, will he cherish his
>> ignorance, or learn from this thread?
>
> I assure you that I fully understand my ignorance of unicode. Until
> recently I didn't even know that the unicode in python 2.x is considered
> broken and that str in python 3.x is considered 'better'.

Hi Robin

I am pretty sure that Steven was referring to the original post from
jmfauth, not to anything that you wrote.

May I say that I am delighted that you are putting in the effort to port
ReportLab to python3, and I trust that you will get plenty of support from
the gurus here in achieving this.

Frank Millman