Bind event is giving me a bug.

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Jan 15 15:59:05 EST 2014

eneskristo at gmail.com wrote:

> While working with tkinter in python 3.3, I had the following problem.

> root = Tk()
> label = Label(root, text = "Enter the number of competitors.")
> label.pack(side = TOP)
> entered_text = Entry(root)
> entered_text.pack()
> Button(root, text = "Submit", command = get_text).pack()
> root.bind('<Enter>', get_text)

Quoting http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/event-types.html
"""
Enter
The user moved the mouse pointer into a visible part of a widget. (This is
different than the enter key, which is a KeyPress event for a key whose name
is actually 'return'.)
"""

So I think you want "<Return>", not "<Enter>".