Python 3.x adoption

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 14 14:38:29 EST 2014

> What's the problem with Python 3.x? It was first released in 2008, but
> web hosting companies still seem to offer Python 2.x rather.
>
> For example, Google App Engine only offers Python 2.7.
>
> What's wrong?...

What makes you think anything's wrong? Major changes to any
established piece of software takes a fairly long while to infiltrate.
Lots of COBOL and Fortran 77 still running out there. I imagine there
are still more than a few DOS and Windows 3.1 boxes as well. Why
should adoption of Python 3.x be any different?

Skip