efficient way to process data

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 14:51:52 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks. Unfortunately this has been made a low priority task and I've
>> been put on to something else (I hate when they do that).
>
> Ugh, I know that feeling all too well!

Right? You're deep in debugging and researching and waking up in the
middle of the night with potential solutions, and then they say put it
aside. It's so hard to put it down, and then when you pick it up later
(sometimes months) you're like WTF is this all about. I recently
picked up something I had to put down in September - spent an entire
day getting back to where I was, then it was put on the back burner
again.

> Life's better when you're
> unemployed, and you can choose the interesting problems to work on.

Ahhh .... I don't think so.

> Apart from the "has to be in MySQL" restriction (dodged now that the
> work's all being done in Python anyway),

It's a big existing django app.

> yours is _definitely_ an
> interesting problem.

Thanks! I thought so too.