Python: 404 Error when trying to login a webpage by using 'urllib' and 'HTTPCookieProcessor'

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 07:44:38 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM, KMeans Algorithm <bilbaow at gmail.com> wrote:
> The page "https://www.mysite.com/loginpage" does exist

PS. If it's not an intranet site and the URL isn't secret, it'd help
if we could actually try things out. One of the tricks I like to use
is to access the same page with a different program/library - maybe
wget, or bare telnet, or something like that. Sometimes one succeeds
and another doesn't, and then you dig into the difference (once I
found that a web server failed unless the request headers were in a
particular order - that was a pain to (a) find, and (b) work around!).

ChrisA