Open Question - I'm a complete novice in programming so please bear with me...Is python equivalent to C, C++ and java combined?

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Jan 11 19:37:40 EST 2014

 pintreo mardi <bigearl497 at outlook.com> Wrote in message:
> Hi, I've just begun to learn programming, I have an open question for the group:
> Is the Python language an all in one computer language which could replace C, C++, Java etc.. I only ask becuase I am starting off with python and I want to learn everything in basic and advanced programming with python itself...So any advice and suggestions would be more than welcome.
> Thanks!!

As others have said you can do nearly anything in any of those
 languages.  But you can expect to learn and use many over time.
 I've used about 35 professionally,  and a few more for fun. I've
 done substantial work in machine language and also in microcode.
 Sometimes I had to write the assembler, simulator, and debugger
 while the actual machine was being designed.  Was python an
 appropriate language to write add and subtract in?  Nope.

--
DaveA nr

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup