python first project

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Jan 11 08:06:41 EST 2014

 ngangsia akumbo <ngangsia at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been around this group for some time and i saw that we have very helpful people here.

Welcome to the group,  and to Python.

> i have been learning python just for about 5 months now and i have been given a task to do. This will be a leap into the programming industry for me.

Is this a class assignment,  a book assignment, a self assignment,
  or is it to be used by a real business,  perhaps to replace
 manual methods?

> i am programming a system that will be giving details about finance, purchase(bills pending bills and paid bill), employees record and salary details, warehouse records.
>
> That is just all i intend to do this all on one GUI application window

But your code so far is all for a terminal window.  Nothing wrong
 with that, but if the professor is expecting GUI, that's
 different.  A GUI might be tkinter or qt or Wxpython or

> and to make it to be able to keep records for all the transaction which has been done inputted.

A key point.  So you need persistence.  You're going to need to
 write data to a file,  and reread it next time the program is
 run. The file might be a bunch of text lines, or it might be a
 database.  And it might belong to this program or be shared, even
 across multiple machines.

> I have started programming it , but i still feel there are a lot of things i miss out.

I second the recommendation for version 3. And I suggest that if
 this is a business assignment, it's a lot harder than you think.
 For example,  handling dollars and cents with floats is usually a
 mistake.

--
DaveA nr

----Android NewsGroup Reader----