Open Question - I'm a complete novice in programming so please bear with me...Is python equivalent to C, C++ and java combined?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 03:21:53 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 7:07 PM, pintreo mardi <bigearl497 at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've just begun to learn programming, I have an open question for the group:
> Is the Python language an all in one computer language which could replace C, C++, Java etc.. I only ask becuase I am starting off with python and I want to learn everything in basic and advanced programming with python itself...So any advice and suggestions would be more than welcome.
> Thanks!!

Python is a viable applications language, yes. There's nothing you
can't write in Python that you can write in (say) Java - both
languages are what's called "Turing complete". Every language has its
special focus, though, so there'll be some things that are far easier
in one language than another. In general, Python is a fine language
for simple tasks like printing "Hello, world", for scripting, for
writing GUI programs, and for building web applications. It's not
restricted to tiny projects or to huge ones. There's no critical limit
on the amount of "stuff" you can do before the code gets unwieldy, for
instance, nor is there a level below which it's just too much hassle
to put together a program.

ChrisA