python first project

ngangsia akumbo ngangsia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 23:18:32 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have been around this group for some time and i saw that we have very helpful people here.

i have been learning python just for about 5 months now and i have been given a task to do. This will be a leap into the programming industry for me.

i am programming a system that will be giving details about finance, purchase(bills pending bills and paid bill), employees record and salary details, warehouse records.

That is just all i intend to do this all on one GUI application window and to make it to be able to keep records for all the transaction which has been done inputted.

I have started programming it , but i still feel there are a lot of things i miss out.

Please i need some support from any honest person, please and also how to guide me complete this.

I am also looking for guides and sources which can help me complete it.

import os, sys

print "#" * 50

print "#" * 50

def fin_sec():
    print "The financial sector"
    fin_name = raw_input("Enter your Name: ")
    fin_amount = input("Enter the amount for finance: ")

    if fin_amount > 0:
        print "We have a "DEBIT BALANCE" of", fin_amount,"FCFA"
    else:
        print "There is "CREDIT BALANCE" of", fin_amount, "FCFA"

    print "Name of person doing the the transaction is ", fin_name
    print "Amount available for finance is ", fin_amount

print "#" * 50
print "#" * 50

def purch_sec():
    print "#" * 20

    print "The purchase center"

    purchase_name_good = raw_input("Please enter the name of good or goods purchase: ")
    if not purch_name_good istitle():
        purch_name_good.capitalize()
    purch_price = input("Please enter the price for purchase made: ")
    purch_p = raw_input("Please enter the reason of this purchase made: ")
    purch_customer = raw_input("Please enter the name of customer: ")
    purch_address = raw_input("Please enter the contact details for the customer: ")

    print "Name of goods purchase: ", purch_name_good
    print "Price of Good:",purch_price,"FCFA"
    print "Reason for the purchase: ", purch_p
    print "Customers name is: ", purch_customer
    print "Contact: ",purch_address

def purch_Bill():
    print "Regulating the Bills"

    bill_total= int(input("Please enter the total bill of purchase: ")

    bill_paid = int(input("Enter the bills paid in: ")

#    bill_pending = input("Please enter the amount for pending bills: ")

    print "The total bill paid: ", bill_total,"FCFA"

    print "The amount already paid: ", bill_paid,"FCFA"

#    print "The amount still left: ", bill_total - bill_paid,":::", "FCFA"

    if bill_total == bill_paid:
        print "Tne purchase amount was completed"
    elif bill_total > bill_paid:
        i = bill_total - bill_paid
        print "The purchase amount left to be paid is ", i

    print "DONE"

print "##" * 50

print ":::" * 50

def emp_rec():

    print "Employee Record and Details"

    emp_name = raw_input("Please enter the employee name: ")

    emp_age = int(input("Age: ")

    if emp_age > 18:
        pass
    else:
        print "The candidate is too young to be an employee"

    print "Name: ", emp_name
    print "Age:", emp_age