Send array back in result from urllib2.urlopen(request, postData)

vanommen.robert at gmail.com vanommen.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 15:57:59 EST 2014

Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi with 10 temperature sensors. I send the data from the sensors and some other values with json encoding and:

result = urllib2.urlopen(request, postData)

to a online PHP script wich places the data in a mysql database.

In the result:

result.read()

i am trying to send data back from the PHP to the RPI. I make an array in PHP

$para[0] = $REGELING_ORG;
$para[1] = $VLVERWL_ORG;
$para[2] = $VLOERVRAAG_ORG;
$para[3] = $TIJDVLOER_ORG;
$para[4] = $SETPOINT_ORG;

echo $para;

In python when i do

para = result.read()
print para

the output is:

[null,null,null,null,null,"J"]

This is correct according to the data in PHP from the mysql.

when I do

print para[1]

the output is:

the seccond character from the data. Why is this not the seccond datafield?
And why is para[5] not "J" but ,   ?

How can I change the data back to an array? I've tried with json, but that doesn't change anything.

Thanks in advance for the kind reactions!

Greetings Robert.