the Gravity of Python 2

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Jan 9 13:29:37 EST 2014

On 01/09/2014 10:20 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:30:31 AM UTC-5, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>> So all of the itertools recipes should be part of the Python module and
>>> not in more-itertools on pypi?
>>
>> Certainly, the recipes that are documented on the official itertools page, yes.
>
> No thank you, I don't want the Python docs getting anywhere near the size of their Java equivalents.

To be fair, the recipes on the itertools page are there so that minor changes can be made (flavor to taste, so to speak)
to get exactly the semantics needed by the individual programmer.

With the timezone stuff we're looking for The One Obvious Way, which should be a method, not a recipe.

--
~Ethan~