the Gravity of Python 2

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 02:56:34 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What exactly does datetime offer you that a timestamp doesn't? Can we
>> get a quick run-down, please?
>
> Isn't this answered by you reading the standard library documentation
> for the ‘datetime’ and ‘time’ modules? Are you asking for someone to
> read those for you? If not, can you explain more precisely what you're
> asking?

Sorry. I'm more specifically asking what Roy's using, here. I can see
what functions it offers, so my language was a bit sloppy. What I
meant is: What can you (Roy), with your use-case, achieve with
datetime that you can't achieve (at least reasonably easily) with a
timestamp? Nobody ever uses every feature of a module, and I often see
people using some library/module/function when they could be using a
simpler and easier base function (like using JQuery for basic web page
scripting).

ChrisA