the Gravity of Python 2

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 02:10:28 EST 2014

On 09/01/2014 03:42, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> [ a bunch of stuff that I totally agree with ]
>
> No response needed here :)
>
> So I was wrong on the specific example of .today(), but asking the
> question the other way is at least helpful. Maybe the best solution is
> exactly what Roy already posted, or maybe there's some other way to
> achieve that. In any case, there is a solution, albeit not as clean as
> I would have liked.
>
>> With time zones, as with text encodings, there is a single technically
>> elegant solution (for text: Unicode; for time zones: twelve simple,
>> static zones that never change)
>
> Twelve or twenty-four? Or are you thinking we should all be an even
> number of hours away from UTC, which would also work?
>
> ChrisA

I don't care what anyone says, I'm sticking with GMT.  ("UTC" ==
"Universal Coordinated Time") == False.  And what the hell *IS*
coordinated?  If that was the case this part of this thread wouldn't
exist :)

Perhaps the solution is the Chinese way, don't have timezones at all.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence