the Gravity of Python 2

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 22:42:53 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> [ a bunch of stuff that I totally agree with ]

No response needed here :)

So I was wrong on the specific example of .today(), but asking the
question the other way is at least helpful. Maybe the best solution is
exactly what Roy already posted, or maybe there's some other way to
achieve that. In any case, there is a solution, albeit not as clean as
I would have liked.

> With time zones, as with text encodings, there is a single technically
> elegant solution (for text: Unicode; for time zones: twelve simple,
> static zones that never change)

Twelve or twenty-four? Or are you thinking we should all be an even
number of hours away from UTC, which would also work?

ChrisA