Editor for Python

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Wed Jan 8 19:19:03 EST 2014

On 1/8/2014 3:46 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 1/8/2014 3:56 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>> On 1/8/2014 12:47 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>
>>> For a Python editor, as opposed to a general code editor, the Idle
>>> editor works pretty well and has some advantages with respect to
>>> integration with the interpreter.
>>
>> While true, ISTM in the past there have been 'leakage' related issues
>> with idle -- are those no longer a concern?
>
> I have looked through most of the Idle issues on the tracker but do not
> remember anything about 'leakage' (of memory?)

Of names I think.

As I recall it had something to do with both idle and the application
running in the same namespace?  So the leakage was from within idle
affecting the running of the script under development?

Admittedly, it was a while back.  But I never went back to idle
afterwards either...

Emile