"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 18:53:29 EST 2014

On 08/01/2014 23:34, rdsteph at mac.com wrote:
> I'm so sorry for the mess in my post above, I apologize to all, I accidentally hit return ...
>
> I just meant to say that internet programming using ASCII urls is so common and important that it hurts that Python 3 makes it so much harder. It sure would be great if Python 3 could be improved to allow such programming to be done using ASCII urls without requiring all the unicode overhead.
>
> Armin is right. Calling his post a rant doesn't help.

I disagree.  If you want to make friends and influence people, your
opening sentence is not "It's becoming increasingly harder to have
reasonable discussions about the differences between Python 2 and 3
because one language is dead and the other is actively developed."  If
Python 2 is dead, why are the core developers wasting their time
committing patches to the Python 2 source code, because they have
nothing better to do?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence