Looking for tips for moving dev environment from Windows to Mac

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 13:32:19 EST 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 12:26 PM, Bob Hartwig <bobjects at gmail.com> wrote:

> "4. Best visual diff utility for Mac?"
>
> opendiff.  I think it's part of xcode.
>
> Regarding Python IDEs, I really like PyCharm.  It's written in Java, and sometimes you can tell that by its performance, but it's very featureful and has a great debugger, and your 16 GB box should support it nicely.
>
>     Bob

Malcom - I didn't mention IDE's since you didn't explicitly ask, but I use WingIDE (and no, I have NO relationship with the company), and have been very pleased by the company's responsiveness and help.  They have a free trial you can download and versions with three levels of capabilities, sophistication, and price.  These range from student (free) through personal and professional.

-Bill