"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 17:08:27 EST 2014

On 06/01/2014 21:42, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> On 1/6/14 4:33 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 06/01/2014 21:17, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> On Monday 06 January 2014 16:16:13 Terry Reedy did opine:

>>> Strings start a new thread here at nominally weekly intervals.  Seems
>>> to me
>>> that might be usable info.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Gene
>>>

>> That strikes me as being as useful as "The PEP 393 FSR is completely
>> wrong but I'm not going to tell you why" approach.
>>

> Please stop baiting people.

What are you on about?  The comment has been made that "its quite plain
to me that 3.x python has a problem with everyday dealing with strings".
  Myself, Terry Reedy and Steven D'Aprano have all commented on this,
asking for more data.  We've been given nothing, which is precisely what
our resident unicode expert has given us.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence