"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 6 12:30:24 EST 2014

Gene Heskett wrote:

> And from my lurking here, its quite plain to me that 3.x python has a
> problem with everyday dealing with strings.

I've been using Python 3.x since Python 3.1 came out, and I haven't come
across any meaningful problems with the everyday dealing with strings.
Quite the opposite -- I never quite understood the difference between text
strings and byte strings until I started using Python 3.

Perhaps you would care to explain what these everyday problems are that you
have seen?

--
Steven