[ANN] gg_scrapper -- scrapping of the Google Groups

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jan 5 18:36:16 EST 2014

Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> writes:

> Did you try to archive email list hosted on the Google Groups? Were
> you endlessly frustrated by the black hole which is Google Groups,
> conscpicious by its absence on the Data Liberation Front website? Yes,
> I was too_

Yes, I am very frustrated by everything Google Groups does. It is in
sore need of scrapping.

> So, I have created a script webscrapping a google group and created
> gg_scrapper_ .

Hooray! Thank you for any progress toward scrapping Google Groups
<URL:https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/scrapping>. I look forward with
great hope to Google Groups being scrapped!

--
 \          “And if I laugh at any mortal thing, / 'Tis that I may not |
  `\               weep.” —“Lord” George Gordon Noel Byron, _Don Juan_ |