"More About Unicode in Python 2 and 3"

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sun Jan 5 08:22:38 EST 2014

On 1/5/14 8:14 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2014/1/5/unicode-in-2-and-3/
>
> Please don't shoot the messenger :)

With all of the talk about py 2 vs. py3 these days, this is the blog
post that I think deserves the most real attention.  I haven't had to do
the kind of coding that Armin is talking about, but I've heard more than
one person talk about the difficulty of it in Python 3.

If anyone wants Python 3 uptake improved, the best thing would be to
either explain to Armin how he missed the easy way to do what he wants
(seems unlikely), or advocate to the core devs why they should change
things to improve this situation.