django question

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Jan 4 20:37:05 EST 2014

On 2014-01-04 15:30, Igor Korot wrote:
> Does anybody here use django?

Yes.  However there's also a Django-users mailing list[1] for
Django-specific questions.  Folks there are friendly & helpful.

> Is it possible to display a data grid table with django?

The short answer is yes.

> Basically I am looking for displaying a data from the db table on
> the web interface thru django or some other web interface.

While I prefer Django for larger projects, for a lighter-weight
project such as what you describe, I'd be tempted to go with
something a little more light-weight unless you need additional
interactivity.  I've recently been impressed with Bottle[2] for a
small & clean web framework.  CherryPy comes somewhere in the middle,
but I can't say it met my needs/wants on the last project where it
was chosen (mostly in the documentation department, but it's hard to
beat Django's stellar docs).

-tkc

[1]

[2]