Blog "about python 3"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jan 4 17:46:49 EST 2014

On 1/4/2014 2:10 PM, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
> Le samedi 4 janvier 2014 15:17:40 UTC+1, Chris Angelico a écrit :

>> any, and Python has only one, idiot like jmf who completely

Chris, I appreciate the many contributions you make to this list, but
that does not exempt you from out standard of conduct.

>> misunderstands what's going on and uses microbenchmarks to prove
>> obscure points... and then uses nonsense to try to prove... uhh...

Troll baiting is a form of trolling. I think you are intelligent enough
to know this.  Please stop.

> I do not mind to be considered as an idiot, but
> I'm definitively not blind.
>
> And I could add, I *never* saw once one soul, who is
> explaining what I'm doing wrong in the gazillion
> of examples I gave on this list.

If this is true, it is because you have ignored and not read my
numerous, relatively polite posts. To repeat very briefly:

1. Cherry picking (presenting the most extreme case as representative).

2. Calling space saving a problem (repeatedly).

3. Ignoring bug fixes.

4. Repetition (of the 'gazillion example' without new content).

Have you ever acknowledged, let alone thank people for, the fix for the
one bad regression you did find. The FSR is still a work in progress.
Just today, Serhiy pushed a patch speeding up the UTF-32 encoder, after
previously speeding up the UTF-32 decoder.

--
Terry Jan Reedy