Python 2.x and 3.x usage survey

emile emile at fenx.com
Fri Jan 3 12:33:48 EST 2014

On 01/02/2014 08:55 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2013-12-31, Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

>> You laugh, but there was at least one attendee at the last PyCon who was
>> still using 1.5 professionally. Software never quite dies so long as there
>> is hardware capable of running it.
>
> ITYM: ... so long as there is hardware capable of running an emulator
> that is capable of running it.

...or as long as there's business value in keeping it running.  As I
recall it took the banking industry decades to move things forward.  I
still maintain software for customers that I originally wrote 35 years
ago.  Rule one is don't fix it if it ain't broke, so yes, I've got
python projects deployed that run under everything from 1.5.2 on.

Fortunately, they all work without issue so maintenance isn't a problem.

Emile