Is Python really "Lisp without parentheses"? So would it be easy to *implement* a lot of Python in Scheme/Lisp?

Chris Seberino cseberino at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 01:46:58 EST 2014

I've heard it said, by no less a guru than Peter Norvig, that Python is a lot like Lisp without the parentheses.... at least for the basics of Python.

For pedagogical reasons, I'm wondering if it would be easy to implement a big subset of Python in Scheme.

The basics of Scheme or Lisp are amazingly easy to implement.  Would implementing a subset of Python in a Scheme subset be a clever way to easily implement a lot of Python?

(This isn't for practical reasons....I'm just curious.)

Chris