Registry Key Value Help

J. McGaha j2mcgaha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 19:12:24 EST 2014

Good evening, I am a complete noob at Python.  I am attempting to create a
key and update its value.  The code below is what I have come up with after
reading everything I can get my hands on.

When I run the this code I get an error that says the 'int' can't be called.

I appreciate your help

import _winreg as wr
aReg = wr.ConnectRegistry(None, wr.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)
targ = r'SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Update'
aKey = wr.OpenKey(aReg, targ, 0, wr.KEY_WRITE)
wr.KEY_SET_VALUE(aKey,"DisableAutoUpdateChecksCheckboxValue",  1,
wr.REG_DWORD)
wr.CloseKey(aKey)
wr.CloseKey(aReg)

I appreciate your help