On a scrollbar for tkinter

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 18:49:02 EST 2014

I know you're using Python3.x, so there may be new functionality in Tkinter that i am not aware of yet. I still have oodles of Python2.x dependencies and really don't see a need to make the jump yet -- so keep that in mind when taking my advice below.

In the old days of Tkinter, if you wanted to scroll the mainframe (aka:root, aka:Tkinter.Tk) you had two choices:

OPTION_1. Use tk.Canvas and "create_window" method
    http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/create_window.html

OPTION_2. The "TIX" extension widgets for Tkinter has a "scrolledwindow" object that requires much less work and provides a more intuitive interface than the canvas.

PS: It's "Terry" not "Teddy".