editing video using python

Alok Singh Mahor alokmahor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 04:04:38 EST 2014

Hello everyone,
I want to join 2 or 3 video and want to add effect of fading in and out.
I also want to add text strip on the video.

I am not able to decide what to adopt for doing this task.
I have option of MLT ( http://www.mltframework.org/bin/view/MLT/WebHome )
but I guess its too complex and I didnt find any documentation of MLT

I have another option of FFmpeg, but I am not sure whether I can do all
three requirement with ffmpeg. if I adopt ffmpeg then should I use ffmpeg's
wrapper for python like http://code.google.com/p/pyffmpeg/ or I should use
pure ffmpeg in python as subprocess?

how is pymedia? can I do my task with pymedia?

please tell me easy way to do my task in python.
Thank you