extend methods of decimal module

Mark H. Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:26:48 EST 2014

On Friday, February 28, 2014 12:37:37 PM UTC-6, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Are you aware that IEEE 754 includes specs for decimal floats? :)

Yes.   I am from back in the day... way back... so  754 1985 is what I have been referring to.

IEEE 854 1987  and the generalized  IEEE 754 2008  have the specs for decimal floating point included. Everyone is thinking in the same general direction...   its kinda like the Y2K problem based on a stupid limit that because of entrenchment takes forever to resolve moving forward with technological advance.

marcus