Can global variable be passed into Python function?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Thu Feb 27 12:54:44 EST 2014

On 2/27/14 8:24 AM, Mark H. Harris wrote:

> As others have noted, python does not have a 'variable' concept (references to objects instead) and so your question is a little ambiguous.

Mark, thanks for helping to answer the OP's question.  We've covered (in
depth) in the rest of this thread, that Python *does* have the concept
of a variable, it just behaves differently than some other popular
programming languages (but exactly the same as some other popular
programming languages!)