Need help in writing some code so i can re-use it in every module or class

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Wed Feb 26 13:50:27 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

> Hello Experts,

> I have requirement, like i want to use below command in python
> script.

> arguments>

> now my requirement is i want to write some class so i can re-use
> importing as module or class .. and re-use that in other module or
> classes .. so i dont have to write that in every module or classes
> ..

> Now why i wan to do this is ... currently <command> we are using is
> going to change in near future to <command1>, so i dont have go to
> every module and change that command if i have written single module
> or class and re-use it in other ?

> Hope i am clear enough to describe my issue?

> any suggestions ?

> Regards,
> DJ

Hi,

Have a look at http://docs.python.org/2/library/argparse.html

Then create a module, for instance myParser, that defines the common paser, and in each of your scripts import that module and use the parser.

*Untested code*

myParser.py

import argparse
parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description='Process some integers.')
#then define the parser

then in a script:

script.py

import myParser

if __name__ == '__main__':
    args = myParser.parser.parse_args()
    # and so on...

Cheers,

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.