Python Distributors

Nafiul Islam gamesbrainiac at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 14:54:22 EST 2014

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:40:35 AM UTC+6, ed... at cornell.edu wrote:
> I am researching the best Python Distributors based on mainly on convenience and performance and I am wondering if anyone has any opinions on which are the best to use. Thanks!

I don't know if you're looking for distributors, as in companies that ship commercial versions of Python or different python distributions, so I'll go ahead and give you some advice on both.

Regarding commercial distributors, you I feel that both enthought and ActiveState provide good packages.

However, if you're looking towards a python distribution geared towards performance, why not give pypy a shot? It supports most major frameworks out there, and I can say from experience that the performance gains are quite handsome.