New to working with APIs, any good tutorials/books/guides?

ApathyBear nirchernia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 02:59:16 EST 2014

I don't understand how APIs work to save my life. I am a complete beginner. In fact, I am a bit confused on what API even means and what the meaning entails.

I am fairly competent with python, though I do lack some real world experience. Regardless, any tutorials/books/guides that deal with API for a complete beginner would be awesome.

Thanks.

PS: Something that can explain SDKs would be helpful as well.