Cannot figure out line of code, also not understanding error

ApathyBear nirchernia at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 04:22:31 EST 2014

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:54:54 AM UTC-8, Chris Angelico wrote:

>Calling a class will create a new instance of it. [1] What you do with
>it afterwards is separate.

Okay. So what you are saying is that return(Athlete(temp1.pop(0),temp1.pop(0), temp1)) IS in fact creating an instance of Athlete. My problem with this is that there really is no declaration of 'self' for this instance.

Usually when I do something like this.
x = Athlete("Henry", "11-15-90", [1,2,3])
I can refer to things of this instance by executing x.name or whatever other attributes the class defined.

If I create an instance with no 'self' how does this make any sense? How would I get an attribute for the our instance above?