Python 2.7 importing pyc files without py files

Mircescu Andrei mircescu.andrei at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 17:03:07 EST 2014

Hi,

I encountered a strange issue. I have an application which uses extensively python 2.7.6 (CPython).

The issue that I see is the following:
If there are only pyc files, the loading time of the application is much more than if I have pyc and py files. It is behind with 2 minutes more than if it had py files

Do you have any idea why this is happening ? Maybe is because, python tries to search the py file in all the paths and this search is exhaustive ? This is the best guess I could figure it out but I'm not sure.

Also, if this is the scenario, there is a way I can stop this, to not search for the py files ? is there an api ? or a compiling flag I should set ?