Import order question

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 18:41:32 EST 2014

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:28:21 PM UTC-6, Rotwang wrote:
> I have music software that's a single 9K-line Python module, which I
> edit using Notepad++ or gedit. If I wish to find e.g. the method "edit"
> of class "sequence" I can type
>      <Ctrl-f>class seq<Return>def edit(<Return

This is not about "how to use a search function"[1], because
even modules that contain ONLY *one* class can be many
hundreds or even thousands of lines, thereby demanding the
use of search functions/dialogs.

Heck, when a class gets too big i even export some of the
methods to outside modules and load the methods dynamically
at run-time just to cut down on the length. I suppose my
detractors would find that surprising also!

[1] Red Herring, Red Herring!