inheriting a large python code base

Rita rmorgan466 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 12:10:33 EST 2014

hi all,

i just inherited a large python code base and I would like to optimize the
code (run faster). The application is a scientific application so I really
don't understand the internal logic.

Here is what I have done so far, profile (cProfile) and was able to see
where the code was taking the longest time.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced something like this and how they
overcame a problem such a this...what techniques have you used to "optimize"
the code.