Localized Type Inference of Atomic Types in Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 09:24:55 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 1:13 AM,  <anand at chatimity.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:41:34 AM UTC+5:30, Brett C. wrote:
>> My thesis, "Localized Type Inference of Atomic Types in Python", was
>> successfully defended today for my MS in Computer Science at the California
>> Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.  With that stamp of approval I
>> am releasing it to the world.  You can grab a copy at
>> http://www.drifty.org/thesis.pdf .
>

> Hi,
>   This link seems to be down. Can you point us to some current link? Am trying to contribute to https://code.google.com/p/py2c/ and reading up on type inference for python.

I think you realize that you're responding to a nine-year-old post
here, but it's possible not everyone does :) Anyway... Tracing the
file through the Internet Archive comes up with this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061223193827/http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bac/thesis.pdf

I don't know if Brett Cannon (author of the post and thesis) reads
python-list/c.l.p, but as a core developer, he's visible on
python-dev. Depending on what you're trying to do, it may be
appropriate to post there, if after a while (maybe a week) you haven't
heard anything useful from here.

ChrisA