How to begin

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 13 19:57:53 EST 2014

Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at gmail.com> writes:

> Read the Python reference. I know it's long, but it saves you trouble
> of accidentally reinventing the wheel.

Hmm, the language reference is targeted at people *implementing* Python,
not people who are learning to use it (though it is valuable for them
also). It would be rather overwhelming for a beginner, IMO.

You should instead be directing newcomers to beginner documentation,
such as <URL:https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide> and especially
the Python tutorial <URL:http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/>.

--
 \          “If you get invited to your first orgy, don't just show up |
  `\             nude. That's a common mistake. You have to let nudity |