How to begin

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 13 17:31:55 EST 2014

Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> writes:

> On 13Feb2014 05:18, weixixiao <7441980 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have learned the basic rules of Python in this website.
> > What should I do next?where to go?
>
> It helps to have something you want done.
>
> Find something small you'd like to do. Do it in Python.

Good advice.

Alternatively, there is a whole tutorial of exercises with the things
to do already existing <URL:http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/>.

Start at the beginning, work through each exercise – *do* them and
experiment until you understand them – before continuing.

Ask questions if your experiments leave you confused, and be prepared to
show what exercise you're doing and the code of your experiment.

By the end of the tutorial you'll have a solid grasp of all of Python.

--
 \     “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will |
  `\      not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog |