Wait... WHAT?

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Thu Feb 13 13:25:16 EST 2014

On 2014-02-13 17:46, eneskristo at gmail.com wrote:
> Can we please revert back to the original problem?
>      def save():
 >          target = open ("save.swroc", 'w')

This opens the file for writing text (assuming you're using Python 3).

 >          target.write([counter, loop, number_of_competitors,
competitors])

This tries to write a list to the file. You can't do that. A list isn't
text.

>      def load():
>          the_array = list(open("save.swroc", 'r'))

This open the file for reading text. Using 'list' will make it read
lines of text and return them as a list.

>          the_array = target

What's 'target'?

>          counter = the_array[0]

This will set 'counter' to the first line of text that was read.

>          loop = the_array[1]

This will set 'loop' to the second line of text.

>          number_of_competitors = the_array[2]

This will set 'number_of_competitors' to the third line of text.

>          competitors = the_array[3]

This will set 'number_of_competitors' to the fourth line of text.

> Is this better?

Not really! :-)

Have a look at the "pickle" module, or the "json" module.