Community standards of behaviour (was: Newcomer Help)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 13 12:05:09 EST 2014

Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

[…]

> > I suggest
> > 1. You focus on your goal -- learning python or whatever is the larger
> > personal goal of which learning python is a part
> > 2. A bullet-proof vest
>
> This reminds me of post that was circulating in the early 90's:
>
> Welcome to the Internet.
>
> No one here likes you.

[…]

> We don't like you. We don't want you here. We never will. Save us all
> the trouble and go away.

That may be true of some parts of the internet.

But this is the Python community discussion forum. We have a much more
pleasant code of conduct <URL:http://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/>.

We require each other to be open, considerate, and respectful.

Please don't perpetuate awful behaviour (especially by the risible
euphemism “meritocracy”) here by appealing to the poor standards of
others.

--
 \      “If I haven't seen as far as others, it is because giants were |
  `\                           standing on my shoulders.” —Hal Abelson |