AttributeError: '<win32com.gen_py.Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library.Shape instance at 0x70837752>' object has no attribute 'SeriesCollection'

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Feb 13 07:13:00 EST 2014

On 13/02/2014 11:58, Jaydeep Patil wrote:
> Just consider that you have chart object & you need to add data series for that chart. How you can add this?

Jaydeep: you're writing to a general Python list. Few of the people here
run on Windows; fewer still will use Python to automate Excel via COM; a
tiny number (possibly zero) will have experience of generating Charts in
Excel.

It's not that people are unwilling to help, but you have to meet us
halfway: write a few lines of code which take us to the point you're at
that we can run with *just* Python and the pywin32 libraries. Don't call
a function you've defined somewhere else because we can't see the function.

Something like this:

import win32com.client

xl = win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch("Excel.Application")
wb = xl.Workbooks.Add()

#
# Something here to create a chart so we can help you out
#

TJG