Top posting and double spacing

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Wed Feb 12 21:01:35 EST 2014

In article <mailman.6803.1392245927.18130.python-list at python.org>,
 Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:

> My personal rule is that I will give people 1 or 2 chances after they
> are asked. If they continue to top post or send double space posts, I
> simply ignore everything from them until they get with the program. If
> we all did that maybe they'd get the message (but probably not).

I have a somewhat more dynamic rule.  If the subject looks interesting,
I click on it.  A window opens up with the article (speaking from a
newsreader perspective here) in it.  If the first screen contains
nothing interesting, the odds of my scrolling down to see what might
come later are approximately zero.