Python programming

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:55:30 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM, ngangsia akumbo <ngangsia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please i have a silly question to ask.
>
> How long did it take you to learn how to write programs?

My entire life.

I started in 1975 when I was 16 - taught myself BASIC and wrote a very
crude downhill skiing game. I had dial in access to the mainframe at a
local college (my HS math teacher got that for me). I could only
access it off hours, so I wrote my program to yellow paper tape then
uploaded it over a 110 baud connection. Then taught myself FORTRAN,
then went to college at Rochester Institute of Technology majoring in
Computer Engineering. First class was Pascal, then FORTRAN, which I
tested out of. Then IBM 360 assembly language, then C. After college I
taught myself SQL, shell programming, perl, C++, python, and PHP. And
in just the last 2 years javascript, jQuery, HTML, and CSS. It never
stops.