Newcomer Help

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 22:01:13 EST 2014

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:19:53 PM UTC+5:30, Walter Hughey wrote:

> This "newcomer" apologizes for ------ this crap came from you ---------.

Firstly, on the behalf of the list, Apologies for uncalled for and unhelpful
rudeness

> I suppose what you mean by "top posting" is replying to an email by entering
> a reply at the top when according to your policies and procedures - a person
> should reply at the bottom of the email - like this. IF/WHEN I am on this
> site, I shall do my utmost best to change the way I and the people I normally
> work with to reply at the bottom, Assuming Gisle Vanem this is what you mean
> and what you want.

Most people here prefer interleaved posting with significant trimming.
In other contexts eg corporates, often the culture is the opposite:
top-posting with strictly NO trimming.

And one more suggestion:
Use text mode for your posts not html

> I hope I have not totally destroyed all of everybody's systems with my inappropriate and thoughtless disregard for the sanctity of this site. May be it be best I not reply/ask for help/or in any way be involved in this site.

No you have done no such thing and I hope you wont generalize one instance
to the whole community