Python programming

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:46:14 EST 2014

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:51:29 AM UTC+5:30, ngangsia akumbo wrote:
> Please i have a silly question to ask.
>

> How long did it take you to learn how to write programs?
>

> What is the best way i can master thinker?
>
> I know the syntax but using it to write a program is a problem

It takes 5 years to become a doctor

It takes 10 years to become a musician

At 3 years or thereabouts, (a typical computer science degree), programming
is a bit easier.  With some shaving off of fluff one could halve that 3 years.
With even more aggressive shaving off, maybe one more halve. But thats it.

And that implies:
- You are working full (and over) time just to learn
- You have a bunch of intelligent and dedicated teachers calibrating your
progress and your learning-curve
- You have at least normal intelligence
- You dont suffer from excessive delusions
[Just in case you think the last insulting, let me tell you about myself:
When I was doing my first programming class, my 'goal' was to write an Ada
compiler.  This is called a delusion]

It may help you to have a look at the area as seen for example here:

http://ai.stanford.edu/users/sahami/CS2013/strawman-draft/cs2013-strawman.pdf