[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1

Jurko Gospodnetić jurko.gospodnetic at pke.hr
Tue Feb 11 14:42:19 EST 2014

   Hi.

On 11.2.2014. 17:21, Terry Reedy wrote:
> The failed 64-bit installs somehow messed up the 32-bit install. With
> 3.4 completely removed, including the residual directories, the 32-bit
> install works but the 64-bit install still gives me the same message.

   I had a similar problem with the beta 3 release where x64 failed to
install on my computer. Not sure if the underlying issue is the same as
yours but my issue was resolved after uninstalling the Visual Studio C++
runtime, rebooting and doing a clean install.

   I wanted to report the issue then, but since I could not reproduce
it, I had nothing exact to say other than 'did not work for me, now it
does, don't know if it was me or you'. :-)

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić