pip3.x error using LIST instead of list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:41:15 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Johannes Findeisen <mailman at hanez.org> wrote:
> Hi, I get the same error with an older release of pip. But, I get that
> error regardless which uppercase argument I am passing to pip. Look
> below:

Correct. The exception is thrown before it's looked at what the
subcommand is; it happens any time the argument != argument.lower().
Simple work-around: always type subcommands in lower-case :)

Much easier work-around than for some bugs I've seen. Like, printing
from Win-OS/2 requires holding the print queue, printing your
document, adding a second job from a smarter print client, then
releasing the print queue so both jobs go through in succession. This
one, the work-around is just "do what you'd normally do anyway".

ChrisA