pip3.x error using LIST instead of list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:22:29 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>   File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\pip\__init__.py", line 156, in
> parseopts
>     cmd_args.remove(args_else[0].lower())
> ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
>
> Is this a known problem, should I raise a bug against pip, what is the best
> course of action?

Hmm, yep. I'd confirm that as a bug. Inspection of the surrounding
code suggests that it shouldn't be lowercasing there (a couple of
lines above, it fetches out args_else[0].lower(), but to remove it
from cmd_args, it should use original case). Search the tracker for
it, to see if it already exists; if not, create it. You have the file
name and line number, so you could probably even make a patch :)

ChrisA